News / 0

Energy credits are still available to homeowners

November 30, 2011 Posted by Tasha Helms

Homeowners can still make energy-saving home improvements and qualify for either of two energy tax credits. The Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit can benefit homeowners who install energy efficient improvements such as insulation and new windows and furnaces. The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit is aimed at encouraging investment in alternative energy equipment. Eligible homeowners can use Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits, to claim the credits on their 2011 tax returns. For more information, contact your CPA before year-end.


Comments are closed.